1.9

My step-father and I had a falling out back in January and we haven't spoke to each other since. I noticed a new account was added to my credit report.

I called Security Finance and they advised that I cashed a check that was sent in the mail to my parents address. I informed them that I personally did not cash any check from or even open a piece of mail from them. In their defense, they were very cooperative in addressing the issue. We found out that my Step-father was contacted on his phone number and told them that "my son cashed the check for me"...

The BIG issue I have is that I never even spoke to anyone at Security Finance and NEVER signed a anything whatsoever. How can a loan get approved by me and I never was even asked about it? I now have to press charges on my Step-Father for opening my mail and ID fraud in cashing a check.

Luckily he signed the check with his signature.

I am still trying to fathom how someone, besides myself, with a different last name, can cash a check with my name on it. It is baffling and I will be seeking legal advice on how to continue handling the issue with Security Finance as this does not seem legal or correct.

Reason of review: Some else cashed check by mail.

Comments